- Sport : Tradition meets modernism in German Wembley showdown
- Anti-money laundering : Troika distorted ‘dirty money’ findings
- our view : Our View: Anastasiades giving more ammunition to opponents of a...
- attempted murder : Woman stabbed in the back in Ledra Street shop
- Cyprus : Efforts to keep provident fund haircuts as low as possible
- bank of cyprus : Cyprus Today
- Barrosso : Barroso: all available resources mobilised to help Cyprus
- Cyprus : ‘Cyprus now on the energy map’
- Cyprus : DISY deputy tables simple health-care solution
- Ayios Dometios : Packs of stray dogs roaming Green Line
A minute with Achilleas Kentonis, Artistic Director of the ARTos Foundation
Where do you live?
I live in Nicosia (though sometimes I feel I live in different airports) with my family, my wife Maria, and children Nefeli 14 and Antonis 11
Best childhood memory?
Most frequented restaurant and absolute favourite dish?
I am not a frequent customer to restaurants but I enjoy simple things in life so I like Stekki tou Costi in Agalantzia. As far food is concerned, I like Mediterranean cuisine and sushi!
What did you have for breakfast?
I have an issue here. I have no breakfast in the morning. Breakfast for me should be on the table waiting for you but I am the first to wake up so I get this only when I travel abroad
Would you class yourself as a day or night person? What’s your idea of the perfect night/day out?
I am both but I plan to remain only a night person. Perfect night or day is when you or somebody else or life itself surprises you with new information.
Best book ever read?
Jonathan Livingston Seagull, written by Richard Bach. I liked the absolute freedom of Jonathan.
Favourite film of all time?
The Dictator by Charlie Chaplin
Favorite holiday destination?
Greek Islands, Berlin, Madrid and Barcelona, Tokyo, New York, London. Each place stimulates a different part of my mind and memory.
What’s your dream trip?
Cuba... maybe, the journey is what matters.
What music are you listening to in the car at the moment?
It depends where I am driving to. so basically everything from metal to opera and simple stuff like R.E.M. Agnies Obel, Cranberries, Amy Winehouse, Peter Gabriel etc. Driving is a transit area for me. The real music for me is in my computer.
What is always in your fridge?
Yogurt, beer, wine and tonic water.
Dream house: rural retreat or urban dwelling? Where would it be, what would it be like?
White cube by the sea and a large basement for music and scientific experiments.
If you could pick anyone at all (alive or dead) to go out for the evening with, who would it be?
There in none who has it all. So I am left with the good old trial and error method. You cannot predict chemistry in humans.
If the world is ending in 24 hours what would you do?
I would ignore it. It’s been in that mode for years now.
What is your greatest fear?
That one day my mind will stop following creativity
Tell me a joke…
Why you run out of laughter?