- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
- arrests : Authorities suspect fishy goings on at crossing points
Bar review: Amante, Ayia Napa
While Ayia Napa’s nightlife has become famous for its strip of bars and clubs offering cheap cocktails and a unique atmosphere that cannot be found anywhere else on the island, a new bar/club on the scene is giving a whole new dimension to the popular tourist destination.
On June 1, Amante opened its doors to its new all-day restro-club just on the outskirts of Ayia Napa that will be running right through until the end of September. Set directly in front of the sea, Amante offers a new vibe with its outside lounge area where you can relax and take in the sun with a cocktail or frappe from 10am.
The all-white furniture makes for a more open feeling, especially when seated outside facing the picturesque landscape of the rocky cliffs and the dusty pathways that lead down to the beach. A useful feature to the outside setup is a shaded area for those who tend to feel suffocated by the heat.
Lunch is available from 1pm until 6pm while the kitchen reopens from 8pm until 12pm for dinner. Its menu is primarily made up of the common bar meals such as a wide variety of burgers and sandwiches while also offering a host of Asian dishes.
Just after midnight, Amante takes on another persona as its tranquil lounge ambience is replaced by an intense party atmosphere. The style of music most commonly played is popular chart hits, both Greek and English, in addition to some house and dance music. The main age range is from 18 to 35 years old while it still attracts older age groups. Like most clubs in the summer, Amante tends to fill up rapidly, especially on weekends, so while reservations are not a necessity they are recommended to avoid disappointment of being refused entry if the place is too crowded.
Where: Kryou Nerou, Ayia Napa
When: Mon - Sun: 10:00 am - 2:00 am
Contact: 23 722725, 99 077292/3, www.facebook.com/amantecyprus