- Sport : Monaco offers Hamilton his best chance yet
- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
Bar review: Movida Sky, Limassol
Every town has its favourite summer hotspot, a venue that guarantees a good night out every night of the week and has something which appeals to all tastes. In Limassol, that venue would be Movida Sky; the only rooftop bar in town with a unique view of the town’s seaside, the twinkling ships in the distance and a cool night breeze.
Movida Sky opened its doors in the summer of 2011 but has returned more dynamically this summer, with a variety of summer events every night of the week and a number of guest DJs. Frequently playing at the bar is renowned Cypriot DJ El Gato and the music agenda ranges from commercial hits to Greek music and even to lounge and chill out music. Tuesdays at the bar are known as ‘Lounge Tuesdays’, Thursdays as ‘Greek Thursdays’ and on the weekends one can go out and dance the night away to all the summer hits and commercial beats. Movida Sky is a great place to start a night out seeing as its doors open at 22:00, making it perfect for pre-drinks on a big night out, but its club atmosphere also makes it suitable as a place to spend the entire night partying away.
The dιcor of the bar has a pink-purple theme and the setting is extremely modern with its walls painted purple and the lampshades and table lamps fuchsia. Fencing the bar all around are big glass panes through which one can enjoy the gorgeous view. Movida Sky is divided into an upper and a lower level, each area with its own bar, painted purple of course, and with a dark wooden surface. The tables are also of a dark wood and the chairs and stools are all of white leather.
It is best to make a reservation at this very popular bar as it tends to be packed throughout the summer and one can of course enjoy a variety of alcoholic beverages and cocktails served with fruit and nuts at their own private table.
Where: Prousis Str. Amathous, Limassol, (On the rooftop of Caravel Hotel)
When: 22:00 – 04:00
Contact: 99 147070