- blame : ‘Christofias to blame for our financial collapse’
- hooligans : Our view: Threat to society is from the hooligans, not the...
- Cyprus : Sale of Greek banks ‘could cost BoC millions’
- bank of cyprus : New BoC chief
- Cyprus : EU draft bank rescue law would not shield big deposits
- ayia napa : Sex museum ordered to close its doors
- Cyprus : Court disruption as family try to attack man accused of murder
- Britain's got talent : Cypriot success on Britain’s Got Talent
- Cyprus : Ministry could be fined for forcing girl to sit through RE...
- bathing sites : Cyprus has cleanest swimming sites in Europe
TROUBLE struck during party elections for ruling DISY in Paralimni yesterday when angry members and other locals moved the voting boxes and threw ballot papers into the street to protest against campaigns to stop illegal poaching of songbirds, or ambelopoulia.The voting was taking place islandwide to elect three vice-presidents to the party, after new DISY leader, Averof Neophytou, and new deputy head Lefteris Christoforou were unchallenged for their new positions within the party.Neophytou and Christoforou headed for Paralimini after the trouble broke out.They attempted to ease tensions but were verbally abused by locals and DISY members... 21 comments