- Cyprus : Schulz calls for ‘spirit of solidarity’ towards Cyprus as...
- our view : Our View: Both AKEL and DISY guilty of double standards when it...
- Charilaos Stavrakis : Ministry official points the finger at Stavrakis
- Central Bank : Central Bank sees 'substantial' risks to economy
- bank of cyprus : New CEO for BoC imminent
- Cyprus : Limassol marina receives first yachts
- Cyprus : Staff strike at Sigma and Hard Rock cafe
- British experts : Reform of public service underway
- aristo developers : ‘State will gain millions in taxes from sale of Venus Rock’
- arrests : Authorities suspect fishy goings on at crossing points
THE Electricity Authority of Cyprus (EAC) will not cut-off the supply to those who will not be able to pay their electricity bills on time due to the banks remaining closed.On Tuesday the EAC instructed the groups of employees who handle the cut-offs to postpone their programme until further notice. According to the announcement made by EAC, the cuts that were made at the beginning of the week were not because of late payments “but because of illegal connections to the authority’s network, which is a criminal offence. The amount of electricity consumed has not been recorded for such cases,” the announcement stated... 6 comments