- Sport : Alvez sends Omonia into Europa League, Olympiakos relegated
- Sport : Ferguson bows out after 10-goal thriller
- bail in : Further raid on BoC possible
- politics : Our View: Politics remains the art of the unattainable
- coffeeshop : Tales from the Coffeeshop: Hallelujah, the Cyprob makes a...
- banks : 'Why did ministers not blame bankers?'
- Cyprus : State provides €4m for student grants
- Ambrosiadou : Elena Ambrosiadou wins legal battle
- Anastasiades : Anastasiades calms concerns over UN document
- Cyprus : UNHCR concerned over Kurdish families
THE STORMS that have caused flash floods mainly inland and in the mountains will continue today and may last until tomorrow.From May 1 until 9am yesterday the total amount of rainfall was calculated at 15.1mm, which is 77 per cent normal for this period of the year, according to the meteorological services. “Because we had experienced high temperatures during the last couple of weeks, energy was built-up in the atmosphere and low pressure was created. This low pressure system is what caused these tropical storms during the last week in Cyprus,” meteorological officer Marios Theofilou said. “These storms begin suddenly around lunch time and end suddenly some hours later... 4 comments