- Formula One : Rosberg puts Mercedes on pole in Monaco
- our view : Our View: SGO fight against privatisation beggars belief
- civil service : Towards a ‘less wasteful’ public service
- Cyprus : Tax revenues fall 10 per cent in first quarter
- civil service reform : Furious PASYDY won’t play ball
- Cyprus : UN assures that dinner only a social event
- 2012 : Crossings and trade down significantly in 2012
- animal : Animal welfare group records ‘cruel’ slaughter
- Cyprus : World tourism chief says Cyprus open for business
- Cyprus : Ayia Napa murder trial hears from first prosecution witness
A minute with Ianthi Sparsis, Co-owner of Nicosia eatery Silver Pot
Where do you live and with whom?
About half an hour outside of Nicosia toward Machairas mountain range with my daughter, our dog Flo and numerous cats
Best childhood memory?
Seeing penguins for the first time at the London zoo.
Most frequented restaurant and absolute favourite dish?
Grecos (no longer in existence) was by far the best restaurant in Cyprus. All its dishes were absolutely delicious.
What food would you really turn your nose up to?
What did you have for breakfast?
A tiny pancake!
Would you class yourself as a day or night person? What’s your idea of the perfect night/day out?
Depending on the season, I can be both! The perfect night/day out is one in which there is flow!
Best book ever read?
Too many to mention. Historical novels, non-fiction, poetry.
Favourite film of all time?
The original Jungle Book.
Favourite holiday destination? What’s your dream trip?
The Greek islands. All of them! Three months on a yacht going island hopping in the Ionian and the Aegean.
What music are you listening to in the car at the moment?
What is always in your fridge?
Dream house: rural retreat or urban dwelling? Where would it be, what would it be like?
Anything and anywhere provided it’s cozy and combines privacy with a great view.
If you could pick anyone at all (alive or dead) to go out for the evening with, who would it be?
Dimitris Liantinis (23 July 1942- 1998), professor of the School of Philosophy of the University of Athens and author of nine books.
If the world is ending in 24 hours what would you do?
Spend most of the time with my daughter and the rest making love to my man.
What is your greatest fear?
Being stopped by fear
Tell me a joke…
I want to live forever!